The 2020 DLECTRICITY Open Call is closed.
Midtown Detroit, Inc. and the DLECTRICITY Curatorial Committee are beginning the process of reviewing applications that were submitted to the 2020 Open Call. If you were an artist who submitted an idea in 2020, your application is still in play. You need to do nothing further at this time. All applications will be reviewed during the month of March. Notification will be sent at the end of March to artists whose applications will advance to the next phase of review process.
A few important things to consider:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all art installations will happen outdoors. Nothing will be considered for indoors at any of our arts and cultural institutions. If a project was originally proposed for an indoor setting, the Curatorial Committee will review that project with an outdoor setting in mind.
- Midtown Detroit is working closely with health and safety experts, including the global public health organization NSF International, to develop public health and safety protocols for DLECTRICITY.
- As we operate under a level of uncertainty, it is Midtown Detroit’s goal to deliver a safe festival experience to the public that meets all federal, state, county and local regulatory guidelines, while meeting the expectations of all of our cultural institutions and partners within the festival footprint. The DLECTRICITY Curatorial and Production Manager and Technical Director will play a much larger hands-on role with artists to ensure that all projects are deemed safe for the festival, and that those projects with various levels of interactivity can be supported by public health safety protocols.
- Flexibility, collaboration and communication will be key in developing an exceptional festival that delivers safe and memorable visitor experiences.
- There are currently no plans to develop a new Open Call for 2021 at this time.
For more information on the Open Call process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and stay safe!