September 15, 2017
How To “Light it Up” for the Dlectricity Light Bike Parade
The Dlectricity Light Bike Parade returns to Midtown on Saturday September 23rd and is the official “Rolling Art Display” of the weekend festivities! It’s time to plan your bicycle light decorations and register to ride. There will be prizes for best decoration in the following categories:
- Most Creative Adult Bike Light Display
- Most Artistic Bike Light Display
- Most Creative Youth Bike Display (under 12)
- Most Unique Bicycle Helmet Decoration
- Best Team Themed Bike Light Exhibit (between 4-6 bikes)
- Most Original Family Bike Light Exhibit (Adult/Kids)
Where to get Bike Lights
You can purchase battery powered holiday light almost anywhere! Here are some popular items or simply search the Internet for Battery Powered LED Christmas Lights. You are sure to find something that fits your budget and style!
We will also have a limited number of light decorations onsite the night of the parade to help enhance your bike!
Always remember to think about safety when adding lights. You don’t want them to fall off and interfere with your wheels or steering! Here’s a link of how to add lights to your bike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnBh284xw2g
Have fun decorating your bike and see you on September 23rd!