August 1, 2017
The Light Bike Parade Returns to Dlectricity 2017
The Dlectricity Light Bike Parade is back on September 23 @ dark/around 8pm!
A parade of riders, a mobile art installation, a 4-mile ride through Midtown Detroit FREE to the public, and a show of light bike artistry for everyone to enjoy—the Light Bike Parade is one of the highlights of Dlectricity and your opportunity to be part of art in motion.
The parade starts on the campus of Wayne State University, winding its way through Midtown where the public will line the streets and enjoy the light show.
Start planning your bike light decorations now—our judges will select the best decorations in these categories, with PRIZES for the winners:
- Most Creative Adult Bike Light Display
- Most Artistic Bike Light Display
- Most Creative Youth Bike Display (under 12)
- Most Unique Bicycle Helmet Decoration
- Best Team Themed Bike Light Exhibit (between 4-6 bikes)
- Most Original Family Bike Light Exhibit (Adult/Kids)
Come with your bike already illuminated, or grab a limited light kit the day of the ride (available to those who pre-register and on a first-come, first-served basis).
In 2014 we had over 1,500+ bikes participate in the parade—we expect similar numbers this year.
Please register officially online at EventBrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-dlectricity-light-bike-parade-rolling-light-exhibit-registration-34550527558
On-site registration begins at 6:00pm. The staging area is Wayne State University’s Gullen Mall. The route is not yet finalized, but the parade will begin when it gets dark, around 8:00pm.
Interested in volunteering for the Light Bike Parade?
We have a number of positions to cover, including:
- Bike Parade Set Up/Clean Up: Assist with set up for bike parade registration and clean up of bike parade start location once ride commences.
- Registration/Check-In: Registration check-in and light kit distribution.
- Info Booth/ Participant Support: Interact with riders as they prepare and wait for the ride to commence. Provide answers to any questions, help with decorations, and get riders lined up once decorated.
- Ride Monitors: Ride with parade to keep speeds down, as well as check and assist with any safety issues.
- Route Street Monitors: Support riders crossing at key intersection and assist riders in maintaining a flow within the group.
- Parade Clean-Up: Follow parade route and assist with pick-up of debris left along the route.
To sign up or for more information, please email or call:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (313) 420-6000